How it All Began: I wanted to have a dog in New York City but wasn’t ready to make a long commitment. Raising a puppy allowed me to do both while knowing I was making an impact on other people’s lives.
Favorite Part of Volunteering for BluePath: It’s fun to have a community of puppy raisers to stay in touch with now that I’m in Wisconsin.
Favorite Part of Puppy Raising: I think the best is yet to come! The happiness and excitement of knowing that a dog I raised will be matched with a family. It’s sad when they leave, but the best way to get over giving up your dog is to get another one to raise. I got my second BluePath puppy, Journey, on the same day I sent my first puppy to Formal Training.
Advice for Prospective Puppy Raisers: Do it!
- Where She Lives: Wausau, Wisconsin
- Dream Vacation Spot: Anywhere outside the United States
- Most Watched Movie: Dirty Dancing
- Newest Skill: Settling
- Name Origin: Specially chosen by BluePath Puppy Raisers in honor of BluePath’s one-year anniversary. The name celebrates BluePath’s “Journey” toward providing safety, comfort, and independence to families touched by autism. And it’s pretty darn cute!
- Quirkiest Trait: Extreme mellowness – he would much rather let toys bounce off his face than make any effort to catch them!